Highly motivated, competent, and results-oriented individual seeking a position as a Site Reliability Engineer in the areas of critical infrastructure (i.e. water, food, energy, transportation, communication, commerce, government, internet). Fan of optimization and self-regulating systems, coming to the tech world with a psychological and philosophical perspective.
I, Florin Ungur, pledge to serve humanity by making sure that software does what it should. I pledge to keep information available to anyone who needs it and unavailable for any unauthorized party who wants it. I pledge to make our systems more performant, more secure, and more beautiful. To achieve these pledges, I promise to become a better man by contributing to society and to human well-being while avoiding doing harm in an honest and trustworthy way.
If you want to know more: email → florin@[florinungur.com] ← website
- › Refactored and revamped the monitoring tools to improve developer experience and reduce costs.
- › Created the FTP solution that tens of thousands of charge points use to upgrade their firmware.
- › Improved the security of the infrastructure through implementing Azure DevOps security pipelines and Azure Security Center recommendations. Also mitigated the ChaosDB, OMIGOD, and CredManifest vulnerabilities.
- › Removed incidental complexity from GreenFlux's IaC setup, allowing for a smooth growth in the number of customers and connected charge points.
- › Increased the reliability and decreased the cost of GreenFlux's platform by enabling and refining Azure autoscaling conditions.
- › Automated internal How-To wiki pages.
- › Helped transition the TACTICOS Combat Management System to a Kubernetes-based infrastructure. For this I designed a configuration management system (as an alternative to ConfigMaps), held knowledge shares, and transitioned legacy software from a RHEL 7 to a RHEL 8 infrastructure.
- › Created Ansible roles to automate and decouple configuration that was previously done by critical software.
- › Built a website that promotes security information through the use of the Have I Been Pwned API: github.com/florinungur/flaregun.
- › Made a white paper and a research paper to substantiate the website.
- › Created my own research method based on Design Research.
For the experience that I gained while off duty please visit my Git repos at github.com/florinungur.
Graduated cum laude with an average of 8.4. Recommended for my work by Tonny Lievers.
Focused on linguistics, cognition, IQ, and the psyche for the bringing together of IT security and psychology, as inspired by the second edition of Ross Anderson's book, Security Engineering.