Motivated, competent, and results-oriented individual seeking a position as a Site Reliability Engineer for critical infrastructure: water, food, energy, transportation, communication, commerce, government, internet. Fan of optimization and self-regulating systems.
I, Florin Ungur, pledge to serve humanity by making sure that software does what it should. I pledge to keep information available to anyone who needs it and unavailable for any unauthorized party who wants it. I pledge to make our systems more performant, more secure, and more beautiful. To achieve these pledges, I promise to become a better man by contributing to society and to human well-being while avoiding doing harm in an honest and trustworthy way.
- › Created the SRE helpdesk, saving a total of ~200 dev hours per month.
- › Automated toil in Bash and Python and created do-nothing scripts for slogs.
- › Improved our Go-based tool for deploying Nomad jobs to GCP VMs and to our bare-metal servers.
- › Worked with a teammate to improve our Python-based permission system.
- › Automated the management of Slack channels, Grafana alerts, and Kafka topics through Python and Terraform.
- › Took responsibility for SRE and dev onboardings.
- › Refactored and revamped the Azure-based monitoring tools to improve developer experience and reduce costs.
- › Created the FTP solution that tens of thousands of charge points use to upgrade their firmware.
- › Led a project to improve the security of the infrastructure through implementing Azure DevOps security pipelines.
- › Mitigated the ChaosDB, OMIGOD, and CredManifest vulnerabilities.
- › Removed incidental complexity from GreenFlux's Bicep-based IaC setup.
- › Increased the reliability and decreased the cost of the platform through Azure autoscaling conditions.
- › Automated internal wiki pages.
- › Helped transition the TACTICOS Combat Management System to a Kubernetes-based infrastructure through the design of a configuration management system (as an alternative to ConfigMaps).
- › Transitioned legacy software from a RHEL 7 to a RHEL 8 infrastructure.
- › Created Ansible roles to automate and decouple configuration that was previously done by critical software.
- › Built a website that promotes security information through the use of the Have I Been Pwned API: github.com/florinungur/flaregun.
- › Made a white paper and a research paper to substantiate the website.
- › Created my own research method based on Design Research.
- › Graduated cum laude with an average of 8.4/10; top of the 2020 class. Recommended for my work by Tonny Lievers.
- › Note-worthy modules: Architecting the Cloud; Cloud Engineering; Servers & Services; Networking.
- › Graduated with an average of 8/10; top 5% of my class.
- › Focused on linguistics, cognition, IQ, and the psyche for the bringing together of IT security and psychology, as inspired by the second edition of Ross Anderson's book, Security Engineering.