Highly motivated, competent, and results-oriented individual seeking a position as a Site Reliability Engineer in the areas of critical infrastructure (i.e. water, food, energy, transportation, communication, commerce, government, internet). Fan of optimization and self-regulating systems, coming to the tech world with a psychological and philosophical perspective.
I, Florin Ungur, pledge to serve humanity by making sure that software does what it should. I pledge to keep information available to anyone who needs it and unavailable for any unauthorized party who wants it. I pledge to make our systems more performant, more secure, and more beautiful. To achieve these pledges, I promise to become a better man by contributing to society and to human well-being while avoiding doing harm in an honest and trustworthy way.
If you want to know more: email → florin@[florinungur.com] ← website
London, UK | Mar 2022 – Present • <1 year | Site Reliability Engineer
- › Refactored a Python codebase which led to £600k of monthly GCP savings.
- › Created the SRE helpdesk, saving a total of ~200 dev hours per month.
- › Automated toil in Bash and Python and created do-nothing scripts for slogs.
- › Improved our Go-based tool for deploying Nomad Jobs.
- › Improved our Python-based GitHub permission system.
- › Took responsibility for SRE and dev onboardings.
Amsterdam, NL | Jun 2021 – Mar 2022 • 10 months | DevOps Engineer
- › Refactored and revamped the monitoring tools to improve developer experience and reduce costs.
- › Created the FTP solution that tens of thousands of charge points use to upgrade their firmware.
- › Improved the security of the infrastructure through implementing Azure DevOps security pipelines and Azure Security Center recommendations. Also mitigated the ChaosDB, OMIGOD, and CredManifest vulnerabilities.
- › Removed incidental complexity from GreenFlux's IaC setup, allowing for a smooth growth in the number of customers and connected charge points.
- › Increased the reliability and decreased the cost of GreenFlux's platform by enabling and refining Azure autoscaling conditions.
- › Automated internal How-To wiki pages.
Hengelo, NL | Sep 2020 – Jun 2021 • 9 months | Infrastructure (Security) Engineer
- › Helped transition the TACTICOS Combat Management System to a Kubernetes-based infrastructure. For this I designed a configuration management system (as an alternative to ConfigMaps), held knowledge shares, and transitioned legacy software from a RHEL 7 to a RHEL 8 infrastructure.
- › Created Ansible roles to automate and decouple configuration that was previously done by critical software.
Hengelo, NL | Feb 2020 – July 2020 • 6 months | Intern
- › Created Java Cucumber tests for Kubernetes that proved the orchestrator's robustness in Thales' environment: github.com/florinungur/RCNIT + github.com/florinungur/bashspray.
- › Recommended for my work by Gerrit Binnenmars.
Enschede, NL | Sep 2018 – Feb 2019 • 6 months | Intern
- › Built a website that promotes security information through the use of the Have I Been Pwned API: github.com/florinungur/flaregun.
- › Made a white paper and a research paper to substantiate the website.
- › Created my own research method based on Design Research.
For the experience that I gained while off duty please visit my Git repos at github.com/florinungur.
Saxion University of Applied Sciences
Nov 2016 – Jul 2020 | Bachelor's Degree in IT Service Management
Graduated cum laude with an average of 8.4. Recommended for my work by Tonny Lievers.
University of Twente
Feb 2019 – July 2019 | Minor in Psychology
Focused on linguistics, cognition, IQ, and the psyche for the bringing together of IT security and psychology, as inspired by the second edition of Ross Anderson's book, Security Engineering.
AWS Academy Cloud Foundations
September 26, 2019
AWS Academy Cloud Architecting
October 3, 2019